Thursday, February 5, 2009

All's Good in the Kitchen

It's true my husband CAN cook. The final in his last class was to put on a catering banquet for family and friends of the students. AWESOME!!! It took about a week to plan and two days of class to prep. The most exciting part was that Cole was in charge of the kitchen for the whole night. The teacher picked him to make sure all the food was cooked properly and ready to serve on time. Another student was suppose to make sure everything was set up correctly and put in the correct places, but somehow Cole ended up overseeing that also. What a guy! When we showed up they were still in the process of getting ready and it was great to get to see him in the middle of everything. He looked so happy and peaceful even though all the other students were rushing about. I guess you can say he really has found his niche.

Setting up

Yes that is an ice sculpture and Yes Cole got to help carve it! There were only a few lucky students that were given the honor of helping with that. He was kind of disappointed because they only spent 1 class day on that subject. Apparently it's becoming a lost art. Too bad, looks like fun!


I know it may not look good, but the food was sooooooo awesome. This is just a taste of everything they had there. Too much food to eat, especially at 9 o'clock at night. Cole takes the evening class, so that's when they started the banquet. Late for me, but it was worth the wait!


Me and my AWESOME chef. I am so proud of him and love watching him do so well in something that he loves. Just can't wait for him to be done so we can all enjoy his many talents and maybe he can teach me a few things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Cole!! I'm so glad you are sharing this on your blog. We never get to keep up with you guys much so this is great for me to peek in on you every once in a while. Keep up the great work. I'll be watching. PS...We want some of that chef practice..soon!

Unknown said...

You look so beautiful here. I'm so glad the night turned out good for you.

Jason & Amanda Chapman said...

Good for Cole! That's awesome!!!