Saturday, April 11, 2009






Well, I guess it is time to update all of those who may be following my career change and education. About two months ago I quit my job at The Olive Mill as a line / prep cook to hopefully move on to bigger and better things. It took several months of searching the internet, and a lot of lost hope, but one day out of the blue I got a call from Chef De Cuisine (fancy name for someone who writes 1/2 the menu)Michael Scott. We scheduled the interview and whala I landed a job two weeks later. I am VERY lucky to be working at a four star resort while attending school, but the experience is not always worth it. Don't get me wrong, love my job just not all the people and the amount of stress that is happening currently. I was actually hired to help close this restaurant and to help open a new restaurant at the resort. Even though I was hired to do so, my job is still up in the air. Rumor has it that a majority of the staff will be cut so that new staff can be put in place at lower wages to help save money. Although that is just a rumor and I WAS hired specifically for the new restaurant, I still am losing a ton of hair over it. Not being able to provide some sort of meager income for my pregnant wife and two kids is laying on me kinda hard. What you have not heard the news????? I will let her blog about that some more.

4 comments:

Kris B. said...

Hey Cole and Denise, This is Kristie from the Mill just wanted to say CONGRATS on the pregnancy.

Amy said...

What the!!!???? CONGRATULATIONS! WOW! That is awsome!! I am so excited for your cute family!

Kristin said...

PREGNANT!?!?!?!? Awesome! Congratulations! Spill the details!!!

Meghan and Sean Green said...

thats great you guys! Definately congratulations on your new babers. I wish that we could have stayed in touch better. I hope you guys are doing okay in this shi* economy. Loves~Megs